Guy W. Paulson started business making window shades in his home on his birthday March 24, 1924. He measured and took orders from home builders while his wife Bess G. Paulson cut and made up the orders for him to install the next day.
Business prospered and in 1928 he purchased the assets and good will of the Rader Shade and Linoleum Company whose slogan was "A Shade Better Since 1921".
Mr. Paulson changed the company name to G.W. Paulson Company and continued to expand his shade and now linoleum business in downtown Portland at 921 S.W. Yamhill St.